Vocational Nursing Schools in California
Vocational Nurses are entry-level nurses who care for sick, injured, or convalescing patients, under the direction of physicians and registered nurses.
The Charter College vocational nurse training program provides students with nursing skills for direct patient care. Graduates should be able to function as part of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in selected healthcare settings with individuals, families and communities across the life span. If you are looking for the right nursing program in California, contact Charter College to learn more about the skills you can develop in this program.
Jobs for Vocational Nurses include Staff Nurse, Industrial Nurse, Private Nurse, Practical Nurse and General Nurse. Employment in this field requires a license in California* and the Charter College Vocational Nursing program prepares students for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical/Vocational Nurses (NCLEX-PN Examination).
* Licensing in other states may differ
- Fundamentals of nursing and direct patient care
- Hands-on training taught by industry professionals
- In-clinic training with patients early in program
- Training in medical-surgical nursing, family nursing/obstetrics, pediatrics, mental health, home health, hospice and rehabilitation
Start that dream career in nursing faster with Charter College. Charter College offers an accelerated and flexible year-round schedule that helps you to graduate quickly. Classes enrolling now.