Anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid, CPR and AED used to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
$50 for CPR/AED, $50 for First Aid, $85 for both
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use.
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course Completion Card that is valid for two years. This course counts 4 hours toward the mandatory 32 additional hours requried after Basic Guard Card certification
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR
Features of the course:
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with a new Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses
- Course is updated with the new science
This professional development course mirrors other Charter College program courses with flexible class times that fit your life, award-winning instructional design, intuitive, understandable material, and lesson assessments that gauge comprehension and retention.
Locations offering this course:
Canyon Country, CA
Long Beach, CA