All Charter College and Charter Institute, a Division of Charter College, campuses are nationally accredited by:
As a current or prospective student, you may have heard about a decision involving the U.S. Department of Education (US DOE) and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). This notice is to inform you of how the decision impacts you, your program, your financial aid and Charter College and Charter Institute, a Division of Charter College.
The US DOE decided to withdraw the federal recognition of ACICS, the institutional accrediting agency that accredits Charter College and Charter Institute; the decision was made on December 12, 2016.
- The US DOE’s Office for Civil Rights Complaint website available at:
- Documents may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education, Bldg, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100.
- The State authorizing agency:
- Alaska: Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education, PO Box 110505 Juneau, Alaska 99811-0505.
- California: Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833 or P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818.
- Montana: Montana University System, Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education, 2500 Broadway Street, PO Box 203201, Helena, MT 59620-3201
- New Mexico: NM Higher Education Department/PPSD, 2044 Galisteo Street, Suite 4, Santa Fe, NM 87505-2100.
- Students in Certificate programs: Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board, 128 10th Avenue SW, Olympia, WA 98504-3105.
- Students in Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s programs: Washington Student Achievement Council, 917 Lakeridge Way SW, Olympia, WA 98502.
- The State Office of Attorney General:
- Alaska: Office of the Attorney General, 1031 West 4th Avenue, Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99501
- California: Attorney General's Office, California Department of Justice, Attn: Public Inquiry Unit, P.O. Box 944255, Sacramento, CA 94244-2550
- Montana: Attorney General, 215 N Sanders St, Helena, MT 59601
- New Mexico: Office of the Attorney General, 111 Lomas Blvd NW, Ste 120, Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Washington: Office of the Attorney General, 1125 Washington Street SE, PO Box 40100, Olympia, WA 98504-0100
- The State Office of Consumer Affairs:
- Alaska: Alaska Department of Law, Consumer Protection Unit, 1031 West 4th Avenue, Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99501
- California: Department of Consumer Affairs, Consumer Information Division, 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834
- Montana: Montana Department of Justice Office of Consumer Protection, 555 Fuller Avenue, Helena, MT, 59601-3394 or P. O. Box 200151, Helena, MT 59620-0151
- New Mexico: Consumer Protection Division 111 Lomas Blvd NW, Ste 120, Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Washington: Attorney General’s Office, Consumer Resource Center, 800 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2000, Seattle, WA 98104
ACICS Show-Cause Status: Anchorage & Wasilla Only
Charter College, Anchorage, has been placed on student achievement show-cause by their accreditor, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (“ACICS”), due to noncompliance with retention and placement standards: retention at 53% and placement at 41% as reported on the 2016 Campus Accountability Report.
Charter College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, 750 First Street N.E., Suite 980, Washington, DC, 20002-4242, 202-336-6780, to award master’s degrees, bachelor of science degrees, associate of applied science degrees, certificates, and non-credit courses; not all degrees, programs, or non-credit courses are available at all campuses (see Academic Programs). The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. ACICS accredits the following campuses:
Charter College-Wasilla – a learning site of Anchorage
Charter College-Billings – a learning site of Vancouver
Charter College-East Wenatchee – a learning site of Vancouver
Charter Institute, a division of Charter College-Farmington
Charter College-Lacey – a learning site of Vancouver
Charter College-Yakima – a learning site of Pasco
Charter College-Canyon Country– a learning site of Oxnard
Charter College-Lancaster – a learning site of Oxnard
Charter College and Charter Institute, a Division of Charter College, campuses are authorized by the following agencies:
The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program at Charter College-Anchorage received initial accreditation from the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, 404-975-5000.
The following Charter College locations are licensed to operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.
Charter College-Canyon Country - a learning site of Oxnard
Charter College-Lancaster - a learning site of Oxnard
Charter College is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
Charter College-Billings and Missoula have received the necessary authorization from the Board of Regents of the Montana University System to offer postsecondary degree programs in the State of Montana.
Charter Institute, a Division of Charter College, Farmington is state authorized through Provisional Approval to Operate by the New Mexico Higher Education Department, 2044 Galisteo Street, Suite 4, Santa Fe, NM 87505-2100, (505) 476-8400, to offer certificates.
The Certificate in Pharmacy Technician programs at Charter College-Vancouver, Lacey, and Fife are recognized by the Washington State Department of Health, Board of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Quality Assurance Commission. The mailing address is 310 Israel Road SE, Tumwater, WA 98501. The phone number is 360-236-4700.
Charter College Vancouver is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and meet the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institution under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes Charter College to offer specific degree programs.
The Council may be contacted for a list of currently authorized programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institution or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430.
Charter College, Vancouver, Fife, Pasco, Yakima, Bellingham, Lacey, and East Wenatchee are licensed under Chapter 28C.10 RCW. Inquiries or complaints regarding certificate programs at this private vocational school may be made to the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board, 128 - 10th Ave. SW, Box 43105, Olympia, Washington 98504, wtb.wa.gov, phone: 360-753-5662, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charter College-Vancouver, Fife, Pasco, Yakima, Bellingham, Lacey, and East Wenatchee are licensed under Chapter 28C.10 RCW. Inquiries or complaints regarding certificate programs at this private vocational school may be made to the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board, 128 - 10th Ave. SW, Box 43105, Olympia, Washington 98504, wtb.wa.gov, phone: 360-753-5662, e-mail address: email@example.com.